Our residential property team is one of the largest and most experienced in the area. We have specialist departments for individual areas of conveyancing such as New Build, Help to Buy and Re-mortgages so you can be sure we can offer you the best advice for your circumstances. Our specialist expertise puts us in the best place to deal with the unique challenges that may arise during your property matter.
Sales & Purchases
We understand and appreciate that buying a home for you and your family if one of the most important things in family life.
At Whitfield's we appreciate your worries, most matters that clients bring to our attention are things that we are used to dealing with when advising our Clients. Therefore we welcome all Clients questions, and will ease all worries with comprehensive advice and assistance to ensure that your purchase and sale go smoothly.
You will want to ensure that you are dealing with professionals who has experts in the conveyancing process, and we are pleased to confirm that we have the prestigious Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme certification.
To ensure that you are fully aware of what your costs will be from the outset, we offer fixed fees with all the costs you will be responsible for confirmed in advance with no hidden extras, and couple this with clients being able to contact your member of the Team by phone, e mail or in person whenever you need advice.
Finally we want you to understand the process, so will always offer a no fuss, no legal jargon service, with a desire to clarify any issue that you might.
If you have decided to transfer your Mortgage that you will want the process to be handled as quickly as possible, and in such a way that you are always aware of what is happening in order that you can fully budget for any eventuality.
At Whitfield's we will work on the basis of fixed costs and will explain all of the costs associated from the start of the transaction.
The Three Stage Remortgage Process
On Receipt of Your Instructions
- we receive and acknowledge your instructions
- we send a Client Care Letter outlining the transaction, with a Terms of Business letter
- you return your completed Client Care Letter, along with providing identification to us
- you provide us with details of your current mortgage(s) and account number(s)
- we contact your Lender(s) and request that they provide us with Redemption Statement(s)
- we download official copies of your title from the Land Registry and request any Deeds held by your Lender(s) are delivered to us
- you will advise if your Lender has provided you with a Valuation Report and provide us with a copy of the Report
On Receipt of the Mortgage Offer
- we send the Mortgage Offer and Mortgage Deed to you, with a report on the Mortgage Offer that has been presented by your new Lender
- we request any and all information and Searches requested in the Mortgage Offer or the Lenders Valuation Report, explaining the reasons for every item required
- we look to agree a completion date with you and the Lender(s)
- we shall ensure that all Mortgage Conditions are complied with, with your assistance
- we report to your Lender and request funds are delivered by the agreed completion date
- if necessary we request update Redemption statements from your current Lender(s)
- On the completion date we receive funds from your Lender
- we will then confirm with your existing Lender(s) that we are sending the funds to pay off your current Mortgage(s)
- we then provide you with a completion statement which confirms all of the financial dealings in the remortgage
- we then make payments to all parties, to repay all existing Mortgages
- we then pay the remaining funds to you
Please call us now on 01704 878501 and speak to a member of our team for further advice and assistance.